Hello West House. Today we started with SSR and then finished up our recitations.
- Perla N- Ba Humbug
After Perla presented, Mrs. Edwards gave the remaining performers a chance to nervous pee. While the class waited, Mrs. Edwards presented her monologue which was a letter to Mrs. Flores , the principle, about LACOE blocking many of the websites her class needed. Many laughs followed the monologue/letter.
- Alecia R- Time by ( I’m sorry I could not find the poet)
- Kim R- Why Can’t You Close My Door
- Phillip R- Shrek is Hate, Shrek is Death
- Simrit S – The Darker Sooner by Catherine Wing
- Jake T – I Mean I Guess I’ll Try It
- Leslie T- What the Heck Autocorrect
- Michelle V- It Doesn’t Have to End this Way
- Peyton B- Novel by Arthur Rimbaud
- Maya M – To the Girl in Heels
Following all the performances Mrs. Edwards gave some important announcements. She first said that she will not be here on Friday, but that won’t affect us because West does not see her tomorrow. Then she reiterated how extra credit works. I know the way she explained is complex, so here is an example of how the EC works.
If Jamie turns in 2 extra credit points, Roger turns in 3, Hannah turns in 6, and Irving turns in 9 extra credit points. Mrs. Edwards will take all the extra credit turned in, in this case 20, and divide 20 by the number of students that turned in extra credit. This number will give her the average amount of extra credit that is turned in, 5. This means that any student that turned in less than 5 extra credit points will not get any extra credit at all.
- If you have the average amount of extra credit you will receive 1% increase on your overall grade.
- If you have more than the average amount of extra credit you will receive a 2% increase on your overall grade
- YOU CAN NOT GET MORE THAN A 2% INCREASE ON YOUR GRADE NO MATTER HOW MUCH EC YOU TURN IN
Mrs. Edwards then handed back our graded Component 5 papers. No one in our house scored lower than an AP. The official grade will be added to Aeries tonight. She gave us some things to contemplate about our Component 5 grade. Mrs. Edwards told us the biggest problem for us is that we didn’t edit our work, and that hurt our grades a lot.
Finally, Mrs. Edwards left us with a bitter-sweet gift.
Christmas Present from Mrs. Edwards
“If I have called your name, you are exempt from writing your final writing workshop paper. This will not affect your grade. “
List of Students who DO NOT have to turn in a final paper on Monday Jan. 5th 2015 at 8:00 PM.
Students on this list may turn in a final essay for an extra credit point; however Mrs. Edwards will not grade it.
If you are not on this list but like your writing workshop grade, you do not have to turn in a final and Mrs. Edwards will transfer your writing workshop grade as your final essay. To The rest of you, your final essays will be due the Monday night we return from break.
Don’t forget to do blog assignment!
Happy Winter Break